Corn with Roasted Garlic Aioli, Lime, and Smoked Paprika
Aioli goes great on a burger, a sandwich, or even dolloped on a baked potato, so why not slather it over corn on the cob? This dairy-free recipe is full of flavor thanks to the addition of roasted garlic and Dijon mustard. Lime adds a nice kick of acidity to balance out the rich mayo-based aioli, and smoky paprika gives the creamy topping a bit of bite. Vegan? Replace the egg, vegetable oil and olive oil with Vegenaise and mix it with the garlic purée and Dijon mustard.
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic purée (1 small head of garlic, roasted in a 350°F oven for 40 minutes, cooled, and squeezed to remove the purée)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grapeseed or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Sweet corn, cooked as desired and left on the cob
- Limes (as many as desired)
- Smoked paprika
- 1Place the garlic purée, mustard, and yolk in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment. Process until evenly combined, about 10 seconds.
- 2With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil in a thin stream, followed by the grapeseed or vegetable oil, until completely combined, about 2 minutes.
- 3Stop the processor, add the lemon juice, season with salt, and pulse until thoroughly mixed. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula, then pulse until all of the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- 4Let sit for at least 30 minutes before using.
- 5To serve, spread the desired amount of aioli (about 1 to 2 tablespoons) on the corn, then sprinkle with lime zest and smoked paprika.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved