Grilled Sweet Chili and Lime Shrimp Kebabs Recipe
This easy recipe contains only a few ingredients but has lots of vivid flavor. Since you don’t need to marinate the shrimp in advance, the kebabs come together pretty quickly, too. The backbone of the sweet-and-sour flavor comes from bottled Thai sweet chili sauce. Serve these kebabs with steamed jasmine rice and a Bok Choy and Pineapple Salad with Peanut Dressing.
- 8 bamboo skewers
- 32 large shrimp, peeled, tails left on
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 small lime, juiced
- Thai sweet chili sauce
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small lime, quartered, for serving
- Soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for direct-heat grilling over medium heat.
- Thread the shrimp onto the skewers, 4 shrimp to a kebab. Brush with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and lime juice. Grill, turning once, until nicely charred, about 3 minutes.
- Brush with chili sauce on both sides and continue to grill for another minute or so, or until the shrimp are opaque. (Be careful not to overcook the shrimp.) Transfer to a platter and brush with more chili sauce if you like. Garnish with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.