Grilled Potato Bacon Kebabs Recipe
Think of these skewers as the ultimate warm potato salad, on sticks no less. A tangy Dijon mustard vinaigrette is the perfect foil for charred potatoes and rich, smoky bacon. Serve these as part of an epic kebab party, with Salmon and Asparagus Kebabs, Lemongrass Pork and Red Onion Kebabs, and a cooling green salad.
- 8 bamboo skewers
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 slices thick-cut applewood bacon, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Olive oil
- 1 bunch Italian parsley leaves, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan with enough water to cover them and bring to a boil. Add the salt, reduce the heat, and simmer until just tender but not falling apart, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and let cool while you prepare the grill and vinaigrette.
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for direct-heat grilling over medium heat. In a frying pan over medium heat, cook the bacon, stirring, until crisp. Drain all but 1 to 2 tablespoons of fat (leaving the bacon in the pan), then stir in the mustard and vinegar. Set aside.
- Cut the potatoes in half if small or quarters if medium. Thread onto the skewers and brush with olive oil. Grill, turning once or twice, until nicely charred, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a platter and douse with the vinaigrette, coating the skewers completely. Garnish with parsley if you like.