Slushy Dark and Stormy Cocktail
The original Dark ‘n’ Stormy (dark rum, ginger beer, and lime) comes from Bermuda. We give it the American convenience-store treatment, with ice and enough time in the blender to make it slushy and super-refreshing. Warning: You will get a brain freeze, so sip slowly!
- 2 ounces dark rum
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 ounce Simple Syrup
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1 cup ginger beer (choose a moderately sweet one, like Fentimans)
- 1 lime slice, for garnishing
- 1In a blender, combine the rum, lime juice, simple syrup, and ice. Blend on high for 15 to 20 seconds.
- 2Pour into a tall glass and top off with the ginger beer. Garnish with a lime slice.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved