This light, delicate cocktail combines the dry, salty flavor of manzanilla sherry with herbaceous gin and floral elderflower liqueur. Stir together a few of these for guests as an elegant after-dinner drink.
What to buy: Manzanilla sherry, made in the coastal town of Sanlúcar de Barrameda in southern Spain, is a very dry sherry with a touch of saltiness from the sea. You can find it in the wine section of well-stocked grocery or liquor stores or online.
- 1 ounce manzanilla sherry
- 1/2 ounce gin
- 1/2 ounce St-Germain elderflower liqueur
- Lemon twist, for serving
- 1Place a cocktail glass in the freezer to chill.
- 2Place the sherry, gin, and elderflower liqueur in a cocktail shaker. Add ice to fill the shaker halfway. Stir briskly with a barspoon until thoroughly chilled, about 30 seconds.
- 3Strain into the chilled cocktail glass and garnish with the lemon twist.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved