Brandy Alexander Cocktail
This classic after-dinner drink is said to be an adaptation of a gin-based cocktail named the Alexander. While both are shaken with crème de cacao and heavy cream, this version has brandy swapped in for the gin. Sip this creamy tipple after the holiday feast as you chat on the couch with friends and family.
- 2 ounces dark crème de cacao
- 2 ounces heavy cream
- 1 1/2 ounces brandy
- Whole nutmeg, for grating
- 1Place a cocktail glass in the freezer to chill.
- 2Place the crème de cacao, cream, and brandy in a cocktail shaker. Add ice to fill the shaker halfway, cover, and shake until the outside is frosted, about 30 seconds.
- 3Strain into the chilled glass and top with freshly grated nutmeg.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved