Turkey Waldorf Salad
This recipe is a great way to use up leftover Thanksgiving turkey when you just can’t eat another turkey-and-gravy sandwich. Mix diced turkey with tart apples, sweet grapes, creamy mayo, and crunchy walnuts and celery. Serve for lunch atop leaves of butter lettuce, or stuff it into delicate French pastry shells as an elegant appetizer.
- 2 cups cooked turkey, medium dice (about 8 ounces)
- 1 medium, tart, crisp apple, such as Granny Smith, cored and cut into medium dice
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 3 medium celery stalks, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more as needed
- Butter lettuce leaves, for serving (optional)
- 1Combine all of the measured ingredients in a large bowl. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper as needed. Serve on leaves of butter lettuce, if using.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved