Marie Rose Sauce Recipe
With a flavor somewhere between cocktail sauce and Thousand Island dressing, this tangy, versatile recipe starts with ketchup and mayonnaise as the base and is flavored with brandy, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and lemon juice. Use it as a dip for chilled seafood or french fries, or smear it on a toasted bun and proclaim it your secret house sauce for a bacon cheeseburger.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place all of the measured ingredients in a medium bowl, season with salt and pepper, and whisk to combine. Refrigerate covered until ready to use.