This easy recipe from Top Chef season 9 contestant Ed Lee starts with marinating lamb loin chops in an odd but harmonious mixture of bourbon, fish sauce, honey, soy sauce, garlic, coriander, and white pepper. The chops are marinated right in the dish they bake in, simplifying prep and cleanup. After 20 minutes in the oven, the lamb chops will be cooked to a perfect medium-rare, and there will be lots of savory sauce to spoon over steamed rice.
- 1Place everything except the lamb in a 13-by-9-inch baking dish and whisk to combine. Lay the lamb chops in a single layer in the marinade and turn to coat. Cover, refrigerate, and marinate at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours, turning the lamb at least once during the marinating time.
- 2Remove the lamb from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 425°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- 3Bake the lamb for 15 minutes. Flip the chops and continue to bake until they register 130°F on an instant-read thermometer for medium rare, about 5 minutes more.
- 4Remove the dish to a wire rack and let the chops rest for 5 minutes.
- 1Garnish with the cilantro and serve with the sauce, lime wedges, and steamed rice.