was part of
Outlook.com Recipe Challenge Benefiting Common Threads
which ended Aug 30, 2013 12:00 PM.
See winners »
Instead of using khoya, i have cooked the carrots in milk, to bring about the same creamy taste and texture, yet save on the time taken to make the khoya. Voila, carrot pudding is ready in minutes.
- 1Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker; add the carrots and sauté on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- 2Add the milk, mix well and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- 3Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- 4Transfer into a broad non-stick pan, add the sugar, mix well and cook on a high flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- 5Add the mava, mix well and cook for more 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- 6Add the raisins, almonds and cardamom powder and cook for another 1 minute.
- 7Serve hot or warm.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.