The Crushed Grape
This elegant, floral, blush-tinged cocktail is a great way to use up a bunch of grapes. Muddle fresh red grapes with pisco—a brandy actually made from grapes—shake with ice, and strain before topping with champagne and a lemon twist.
What to buy: Pisco is a brandy distilled from South American white Muscat grapes. It can be found at well-stocked liquor stores or online.
See more recipes for fall cocktails.
- 1 cup red table grapes, such as Flame
- 2 ounces pisco
- 1 1/2 ounces champagne or dry sparkling wine, chilled
- 1 lemon twist, for garnish
- 1Place a cocktail glass in the freezer to chill.
- 2Place the grapes and pisco in a cocktail shaker and muddle until the grapes are crushed. Add ice to fill the shaker halfway, cover, and shake until the outside is frosted, about 30 seconds.
- 3Strain into the chilled glass, top with the champagne, and garnish with the lemon twist.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved