Fresh Herb and Cream Cheese Scramble
Cream cheese can be used for more than just smearing on a toasted bagel in the morning. Here, we stir it into classic scrambled eggs to add creaminess and tang. Just before serving, sprinkle in lots of fresh herbs for an elegant breakfast option that takes no time to put together. Serve this scramble with toast and a fresh melon salad on the side.
See more recipes for scrambled eggs.
- 10 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (not nonfat)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/4 stick)
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh herbs, such as dill, chives, parsley, chervil, or a combination
- 1Place the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and whisk until the eggs are broken up and the mixture is thoroughly combined; set aside.
- 2Melt the butter in a large nonstick frying pan over medium-low heat until foaming.
- 3Pour in the egg mixture. Let sit undisturbed until the eggs just start to set around the edges, about 1 to 2 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, push the eggs from the edges into the center. Scatter the cream cheese pieces over the eggs and gently stir to combine. Let sit again until the edges start to set, then spread back into an even layer. Repeat, pushing the eggs from the edges into the center every 30 seconds, until the eggs are almost set and the cheese is melted and combined, for a total cooking time of about 4 to 5 minutes. (The top of the eggs should still be slightly wet.) Remove the pan from the heat.
- 4Sprinkle in the herbs and gently stir to combine. Serve immediately.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved