At your next tailgate, switch up classic grilled Buffalo wings with these sliders that have the same bold flavor. Start by marinating chicken thighs in hot sauce and butter, then grill them to get some charry flavor. Stuff the thighs into slider buns and top with an easy carrot, celery, and blue cheese slaw. Make sure to pass around plenty of napkins!
What to buy: Two boneless, skinless chicken breasts can be used instead of thighs. Pound the breasts to 1/2-inch thickness and cut them into 8 equal pieces.
- 1Place the hot sauce and butter in a medium resealable plastic bag and stir to combine. Add the chicken and seal the bag, pressing out any excess air. Turn the bag to coat the chicken evenly. Let marinate in the refrigerator, turning occasionally, for at least 2 hours or up to 12 hours.
For the slaw and serving:
- 1Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill to medium high (about 375°F to 425°F). Meanwhile, make the slaw.
- 2Peel the carrots and grate them on the large holes of a box grater; transfer to a large bowl. Halve the celery stalks lengthwise, very thinly slice them crosswise, and add to the bowl. Add the sour cream, blue cheese, hot sauce, and scallion and stir to combine. Set aside while you grill the chicken.
- 3When the grill is ready, remove the chicken from the marinade, letting any excess drip off, and discard the marinade. Place the chicken on the grill and close the grill. Cook, flipping the chicken after about 4 minutes. Continue cooking until cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes more. Remove to a clean plate and tent with foil.
- 4Place the buns cut-side down on the grill and toast until grill marks appear on the bottom, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- 5To assemble, place 1 piece of chicken on each bottom bun. Divide the slaw over the chicken, and close with the top buns.