Pineapple-Rum Sorbet Recipe
You don’t need to pull out the ice cream maker for this elegant cold dessert. Just blend frozen pineapple with rum, lime juice, simple syrup, and ice, then freeze the mixture until solid and scoopable. This tart, tropical sorbet hits the mark as both an after-dinner cocktail and a dessert.
Game plan: If you can’t find frozen pineapple chunks or want to freeze them yourself, cut a 3-pound pineapple into 1-inch chunks (it will yield about 1 pound after trimming) and place them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place in the freezer until completely frozen, about 4 hours.
- 1 pound frozen pineapple chunks
- 2 cups ice
- 6 ounces light rum, such as Bacardi or Flor de Caña
- 4 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 8 medium limes)
- 3 ounces Simple Syrup
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Transfer to a container with a tightfitting lid and place in the freezer until completely frozen, at least 8 hours. The sorbet will keep for up to 1 month.