Easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce Recipe
Most people don’t try making hollandaise sauce at home because the classic method requires a water bath and constant attention to ensure a perfectly textured sauce. In this fast and easy version, we use a blender to emulsify butter and egg yolks into a perfectly smooth sauce with a hint of brightness from lemon juice. Use it for classic eggs Benedict, or drizzle it over broiled fish or steamed veggies.
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Fill a large saucepan a quarter of the way full with water and bring it to a simmer over high heat. Remove it from the heat and set aside.
- Place the egg yolks and lemon juice in a blender and blend on medium speed until the mixture lightens in color, about 30 seconds.
- Reduce the blender speed to low, remove the small cap from the blender lid (the pour lid), and slowly drizzle in all of the melted butter. Turn off the blender, add the salt and pepper, and pulse to combine.
- To keep the hollandaise warm, place the blender pitcher directly in the reserved hot water until ready to use.