Buffalo Chicken Dip
Here in the CHOW Test Kitchen, we know deep-frying Buffalo wings can be a pain, and we’ve already simplified the process with recipes for grilling them, broiling them, and even turning them into jalapeño poppers. Now we’ve combined all of the flavors into an easy dip. Just stir together cooked chicken, blue cheese, hot sauce, cream cheese, and celery seeds and bake until the mixture’s hot and bubbly; then dig in with some carrot sticks, celery sticks, saltine crackers, or potato chips.
What to buy: One rotisserie or roasted chicken will yield roughly the right amount of meat for this recipe.
Special equipment: You’ll need a 9-inch pie plate to make this dip.
See more classic bar snacks turned into Super Bowl dips.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, cut into large pieces
- 1/2 cup Frank’s RedHot sauce, plus more for serving
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled blue cheese (about 6 ounces)
- 4 cups small-dice cooked chicken (from about 1 1/2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 1 [4- to 5-pound] whole chicken)
- Carrot sticks, celery sticks, saltine crackers, thick-cut potato chips, or toasted bread, for serving
- 1Heat the oven to 400°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- 2Place the cream cheese, hot sauce, and celery seeds in a medium saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth, about 7 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of the blue cheese and stir until melted and smooth. Add the chicken and stir to combine. Transfer the mixture to a 9-inch pie plate and spread it into an even layer.
- 3Sprinkle the remaining cup of blue cheese over the dip and bake until it’s bubbling around the edges, about 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with extra hot sauce and carrot sticks, celery sticks, saltines, potato chips, or bread for dipping.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved