Harvest Bowl Punch
Adapted from "Champagne Cocktails: 50 Cork-Popping Concoctions & Scintillating Sparklers" by A. J. Rathbun
This light, refreshing punch starts with a mix of apple cider, vodka, orange liqueur, apples, and lemons, which is then topped with sparkling apple juice and sparkling wine. Serve this not-too-boozy-tasting punch at a Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year’s party.
- 4 cups (1 quart) apple cider or unfiltered apple juice, chilled
- 2 cups vodka, chilled
- 1 cup orange liqueur, such as Cointreau, chilled
- 2 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 2 medium lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 (750-milliliter) bottles sparkling apple juice, chilled
- 2 (750-milliliter) bottles brut sparkling wine or champagne, chilled
- 1 ice block
- 1Place the apple cider, vodka, orange liqueur, apples, and lemons in a 7-quart punch bowl and stir gently to combine.
- 2Gently stir in the sparkling apple juice and sparkling wine or champagne (do not overmix or your punch will be flat). Float the ice block in the punch and serve immediately.
© CBS Interactive. All Rights Reserved