These zucchini muffins are easy to put together without the need for an electric mixer. Just combine the dry ingredients in one bowl; the sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla in another; mix it all gently; and pour the batter into muffin tins. After around a half an hour in the oven, plus a little time to cool, you’ll have a tender, flavorful breakfast muffin to enjoy with coffee or tea.
- 1Heat the oven to 350°F and arrange two racks to divide the oven into thirds. Line 2 (12-well) muffin pans with paper liners. Alternatively, coat the wells with butter; set aside.
- 2Place the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to aerate and break up any lumps; set aside.
- 3Place the eggs, sugars, oil, and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk until the eggs are broken up and the mixture is thoroughly combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the flour mixture until just combined. Fold in the zucchini until evenly mixed.
- 4Fill the muffin wells about two-thirds of the way. Bake, rotating the muffin pans from front to back and top to bottom halfway through the cooking time, until the muffins are browned and a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- 5Transfer the pans to wire racks and let cool for 5 minutes. Remove the muffins from the pans and cool completely.