Peach Frozen Yogurt Recipe
Frozen yogurt can be full of hidden calories and strange ingredients, but this homemade fro-yo is healthy and easy to make. Just put frozen peaches, a little honey, some vanilla, a pinch of salt, and your favorite kind of yogurt in a food processor, blend, and in a few minutes you’ll have thick, creamy homemade frozen yogurt. Dress it up with a sprinkle of granola for breakfast or a drizzle of strawberry sauce for a low-fat dessert.
Game plan: To freeze fresh peach slices, arrange them on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer and freeze until solid. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag or airtight container and store for up to 1 month.
Click here to watch Karen Solomon, author of Can It, Bottle It, Smoke It: And Other Kitchen Projects, make this yogurt in our CHOW Tip video.
- 12 ounces frozen sliced peaches
- 3 tablespoons warm honey
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fine salt
- Place the peaches in a food processor fitted with a blade attachment and drizzle with the warm honey. Add the yogurt, vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Process until smooth, stopping and scraping down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula at least once, about 1 minute total.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a container with a tightfitting lid and freeze for up to 1 month.