Moroccan Zucchini, Grape, and Bell Pepper Salad Recipe
Dicing raw zucchini and yellow squash for a salad is a fast way to use up these plentiful summer vegetables. Toss them with some red bell pepper, grapes, pine nuts, chopped mint, and a Moroccan-inspired dressing to round out this healthy dish. Paired with a grilled rib-eye or a hearty piece of fish, this salad adds plenty of flavor to a summer meal with minimal time in the kitchen.
This recipe was featured as part of our Chunky, Unusual Summer Salads.
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 1 1/2 medium lemons)
- 1 preserved lemon, rind only, finely chopped (about 5 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
For the salad:
- 1 pound yellow squash (about 3 to 4 medium squash), medium dice
- 1 pound zucchini (about 3 to 4 medium zucchinis), medium dice
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and medium dice
- 8 ounces seedless green grapes (about 1 1/2 cups), halved
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- Kosher salt
- Place all of the ingredients except the oil in a large bowl and whisk to combine. While whisking constantly, add the oil in a slow, steady stream until it’s fully incorporated.
For the salad:
- Add all of the measured ingredients to the bowl with the dressing and toss until evenly coated. Let the salad sit at room temperature until the flavors meld, about 15 minutes. Toss again, taste, and season with salt as needed.