Avocado Crema Recipe
Guacamole may be the most popular accompaniment to tacos, nachos, or tostadas, but this crema is just as easy and flavorful. Using a food processor to blend an avocado with sour cream, cilantro, and lime juice creates a smooth sauce that works great as a dip for Chorizo Scotch Eggs or as a topping for Black Bean Cakes with Fried Eggs.
- 1 medium avocado, cut in half lengthwise, peel and pit removed
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 1 medium lime)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment and process until smooth, stopping and scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Transfer the crema to a small bowl. If not using immediately, press a sheet of plastic wrap onto the surface and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.