Cappuccino of Cullen Skink, Peat Smoked Haddock Recipe
This recipe combines peat smoked haddock with double cream and wine, and, to add a slight kick, madras curry powder and shallots. It was shared by the Macdonald North Berwick hotel on their website.
- 4 fillets of peat smoked haddock
- 3 banana shallots
- 75mls white wine
- 600mls double cream
- 400mls chicken stock
- 2 leeks
- 1 teaspoon madras curry powder
- 100g butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, truffle oil
- chopped chervil/chives
- petit pois, rosemary & thyme
- 6 poached quail eggs
- In a pan gently soften chopped leek, banana shallots, thyme, garlic and rosemary.
- Once softened, add curry powder, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add white wine and two-thirds of the peat-smoked haddock and reduce liquor by half.
- Add chicken stock and reduce by quarter, add double cream and cook for 10 minutes.
- When cooked, blitz with hand blender (or food processor) and pass through sieve.
- Warm soup, adjust flavour with butter, salt and pepper and truffle oil then blitz with hand blender to achieve cappuccino effect, pour round cutter and serve.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.