was part of
Tailgating Recipe Touchdown Challenge
which ended Sep 13, 2011 12:00 PM.
See winners »
Spicy PB & J Tailgate Meatballs Recipe
Make sure to use freshly ground beef or grind it yourself.
- For the Meatballs: 2 pounds fresh ground beef chuck. 3/4 cup freshly grated queso blanco fresco (Mexican white cheese) 3/4 cup finely chopped shallots. 2 large eggs. 1 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano. 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper. 1 tablespoon red peper flake.
- For the sauce: 2 18 ounce bottles of KC Masterpeice Original Barbeque Sauce. 3 cups concorde grape jelly. 1/2 cup Sriracha hot chili sauce. 2 rounded tablespoons creany peanut butter. 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine beef chuck, cheese, shallots, eggs,
oregano, pepper and red pepper flake.
Form meat mixture into one inch meatballs.
Place meatballs on two 9 X 13 rimmed baking sheets.
Bake in oven for thirty minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan on low heat, combine BBQ sauce, jelly, sriracha sauce,
peanut butter and nutmeg. Heat and stir until well blended. About five minutes.
- Place meatballs in a large foil grill pan. pour BBQ sauce over meatballs.
Cover foil pan with aluminum foil.
Take to your tailgate party and warm over low heat on the grill.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.