was part of
Tailgating Recipe Touchdown Challenge
which ended Sep 13, 2011 12:00 PM.
See winners »
no-mess chicken wings (bbq chicken burger) Recipe
I love chicken wings during football season. Problem is they are full of calories and messy and I have to make a million of them to feed everyone. This chicken burger is my solution
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1/2 cup KC masterpiece BBQ sauce/divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 finely shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese/divided
- 1/4 cup italian bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 buttered and toasted hamburger buns
- Mix ground chicken with bread crumbs, carrots, onions, salt, pepper, 1/2 of the cheese and 1/2 of the KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce. Form mixture into 8, 4 ounce burger patties.
- Grill until internal temperature of 170 degrees. Top each burger with extra spread of KC Masterpiece and a sprinkle of the rest of the cheddar. Allow for cheese to melt.
- Put Patties on the buttered and toasted hamburger buns and enjoy!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.