was part of
Tailgating Recipe Touchdown Challenge
which ended Sep 13, 2011 12:00 PM.
See winners »
I am a huge fan of taking classic dishes and putting my own twist on it. These wings have become a favorite starter dish of mine and also are highly requested by friends and family when we have get togethers.
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2In a food processor combine garlic and basil and pulse until resembles a paste.
- 3Begin stuffing the mixture evenly under the skin of each wing and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake about 45 minutes, until crisp and juices run clear.
- 4In the meantime combine olive oil, orange juice, honey, balsamic vinegar and salt in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for flavors to meld and sauce reduces slightly.
- 5Using a pastry brush, glaze wings 15 minutes into cooking time and each 10 minutes after that until done. Watch wings carefully to prevent them from burning.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.