was part of
Tailgating Recipe Touchdown Challenge
which ended Sep 13, 2011 12:00 PM.
See winners »
Nelly's Porky Chicken Wings Recipe
What would make spicy chicken wings better? if they tasted like smoky, meaty bacon! These wings are marinated in bacon fat and a special marinade, that will have your taste buds SCREAMING for more!
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup bacon fat (read instructions as to how to obtain)
- 15-20 chicken wings
- To obtain bacon fat: preheat oven to 350F and layer smoked bacon strips (1 pound) on baking sheet. Cook until crispy and drain fat from strips. Reserve this fat. If it cools, bring to a liquid state by warming in sauce pot or microwave.
- Whisk together bacon fat with all the ingredients except the chicken wings. Whisk until combined and pour over wings, slathering them and letting marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F and cook wings until crispy on the outside and no longer pink on the inside. Serve by themselves or Ranch dressing!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.