was part of
Tailgating Recipe Touchdown Challenge
which ended Sep 13, 2011 12:00 PM.
See winners »
The Ultimate BLT Recipe
I came up with the idea for this sandwich myself and after eating it I couldn’t believe how good it was. This sandwich would be fantastic at a tailgate party. The great thing about this sandwich is you can get everything ready the night before and simply put all the stuff in a cooler and you’re ready to party. The only thing you might want to do is take a small grill to reheat the bacon before you build this great BLT or cook the bacon there on your grill. You’re gonna love this sandwich!
- A couple pounds of bacon
- A loaf of fresh bread (your choice of what kind)
- 2 fairly large cucumbers
- 2 large red ripe tomatoes
- 2 dozen or so cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 large yellow onion, quartered
- 1 bottle of your favorite Italian dressing
- 1 jar of your favorite mayo or Miracle Whip
- Half a head of lettuce
- First step is to slice up the cucumbers into 1/4" slices and place them in a bowl that can be sealed and put in the fridge over night. Add the sliced onion and cherry tomatoes and then add the Italian dressing. You can also add a little season of your choice to jazz up the mixture. Mix all the ingredients together until everything is coated in the dressing and then place in the icebox over night.
- You can do the next several steps all at once. Fry the bacon to your liking. Slice up the tomato and as the bacon finishes you can toast the bread. When the bacon is finished you can begin the building process of this killer sandwich.
- Now for the construction. Start with the first piece of toast, add a little mayo, then a layer of bacon, take your mixture of cumbers, onions and cherry tomatoes and add 4 slices of cucumber, a few slice of onion and half a dozen of the cherry tomato halves, add a slice of the large tomato, followed by some lettuce. Then repeat the process starting with the bacon. Add the final slice of toast with more mayo and you are ready for your first bite. If you don’t want to toast the bread that is an option. Hope you love the Ultimate BLT at your next tailgate bash!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.