was part of
Tailgating Recipe Touchdown Challenge
which ended Sep 13, 2011 12:00 PM.
See winners »
SWEET & TANGY PULLED PORK SLIDERS TOPPED WITH A PINEAPPLE SLAW. CREATED RECIPE YEARS AGO AND IT WAS SUCH A BIG HIT, I CONTINUE TO MAKE IT. KC HAS SUCH GREAT NEW FLAVOURS, IT IS FUN TO CHANGE VARIETIES OF SAUCE AND MARINADES TO MAKE VARIATIONS OF THE DISH. THIS RECIPE CAN ALSO BE MADE WITH PULLED CHICKEN (USING THE SAME RECIPE ONLY SUBSTITUTING CHICKEN FOR THE PORK, AND ADJUSTING THE COOKING TIME)
- 1Heat oven to 325º F .
- 2Season meat with salt and pepper
- 3Brown the meat: In a large saute pan, heat oil. When oil is hot, sear meat evenly, 2 to 3 minutes on all sides. Transfer meat to a large Dutch oven; set aside.
- 4In the same pan, saute vegetables until just tender, about 3 minutes. Arrange vegetables around meat. Add beer, liquid smoke, chicken stock and marinade.. Cover and bake 1-1/2 hours, or until tender. Check occasionally and add more stock if necessary. Remove meat from pan and let cool. Can also be cooked in a smoker until internal temperature reaches 165º F
- 5When cool, shred meat into a large bowl and mix with one Cup warmed BBQ sauce. (The meat can be transported, wrapped in foil and newspaper at this point, if necessary).
- 6Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine the cole slaw and pineapple. In another smaller bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, curry powder and brown sugar. Combine with the slaw, tossing. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- 7Butter rolls, and grill until toasted. Heap a portion of meat onto each roll bottom covered with a portion of slaw, topping with roll top. Serve with additional warmed KC SWEET & TANGY BBQ Sauce for dipping. Transport sliders and sauce wrapped in foil, or assemble sliders on site.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.