was part of
The Great Beer Recipe Challenge
which ended Aug 19, 2011 03:00 PM.
See winners »
Southern beer batter hush puppies Recipe
I made this recipe up using my husbands Blue Moon Beer. We love to eat hush puppies with fried cat fish in the summer time. These hush puppies are great with a butter and honey dipping mixture. Yummy! G.
- All you will need is 1 cup of self-rising buttermilk corn meal mix, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp. honey, 1 egg, 1 to 2, tbsp of onion, 1/2 cup beer
- Mix ingredients and roll into balls. Drop into hot oil until golden brown. Drain well and serve
- Also yummy if you serve a butter and honey mix for dipping, great for cookouts and super bowl parties
- mix ingredients well
- roll into balls and fry in heated oil. drain well and serve
- Even better when you mix 1/2 cup soft butter to 1/2 cup honey for dipping
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.