was part of
Tailgating Recipe Touchdown Challenge
which ended Sep 13, 2011 12:00 PM.
See winners »
Jalapeno BBQ Burgers Recipe
This is from my own web site at Chili Pepper Madness – http://www.chilipeppermadness.com/recipe_jalapeno_bbq_burgers.html. We love cooking with chili peppers and spicy food.
- 3 or 4 jalapeno peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (or habanero dust – hot!)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ cup barbeque sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix until the seasonings are uniformly distributed through the meat.
- Create 4 large ½ pound burger patties.
- Heat grill to 350 degrees, or medium flame.
- Place burger patties on the greased grill and cover. Cook approximately 5 minutes each side, or until desired doneness.
- Toast buns, if desired. You only need a couple of minutes to toast them.
- Serve the burgers with your favorite condiments.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.