Guinness Cream Soda Recipe
The classic, nonalcoholic version of a cream soda contains club soda, cream, and usually vanilla syrup. Our boozy version uses vanilla and ginger liqueurs instead of syrup and the creamy froth of Guinness stout instead of cream to take this drink from soda fountain to bar top.
What to buy: Domaine de Canton is a ginger-flavored liqueur that can be found at specialty liquor stores.
We preferred the creamy head attained with canned Guinness Draught versus the bottled variety.
Game plan: If you’re bringing this drink to a tailgate or party, mix the ginger and vanilla liqueurs together and keep chilled. Add the cold club soda and beer when ready to serve.
This drink was featured as part of our beer cocktails recipe slideshow.
- 6 ounces Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur, chilled
- 6 ounces Navan vanilla liqueur, chilled
- 3 (12-ounce) cans club soda, chilled
- 3 (14.9-ounce) cans Guinness Draught, chilled
- Place the ginger and vanilla liqueurs in a (6-cup) pitcher and stir to combine. Add the club soda and stir gently to combine.
- To serve, fill a chilled pint glass halfway with the club soda mixture. Holding a spoon over the glass, slowly pour the Guinness over the back of the spoon until the glass is full. Stir gently if desired and serve immediately.