was part of
The Great Beer Recipe Challenge
which ended Aug 19, 2011 03:00 PM.
See winners »
Beer spice cake with lemon glaze Recipe
a spicey fall aromatic moist cake
- 31/2 cups all purp. flour,3/4 tsp. salt, l1/2 tsp.B.Soda, l1/2 tsp. B.powder, 1 T. ground
- ginger, 3/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp.cloves,3/4 tsp. aniseseed,3/4 tsp. molasses,3/4 c.unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar,12 oz beer,2 lge.eggs,3/4 cup milk,2 cups chopped pecans toasted, 1 c. icing sugar,31/2 T. fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350, butter a glass baking dish, 12×8×2 in. Into a large bowl, sift tog. the flour, salt, B.S., b.p. and the spices. In a bowl whisk tog. the molasses, butter, br. sugar, beer, eggs, milk and add the mixture to the flour mixture. Whisk the batter until it is combined and stir in the pecans. Batter will be thin.
- Pour batter into the baking dish, bake 30 min. or till firm to the touch, and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Make glaze, poke holes in cake and pour glaze over cake, let cool, enjoy!!!
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.