grilled butterflied leg of lamb Recipe
Grilling lamb is more difficult than beef because of its higher fat content. Flareups can also be an issue. This recipe calls for MED grill temperatures.
- 3 tbs Olive Oil
- 3 tbs Chopped Garlic
- 3 tbs Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 3 tbs Chopped Fresh Thyme
- 1 tbs Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 boneless leg of lamb, 5 to 6 pounds, butterflied
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and make a smooth paste.
- Rub paste into the lamb.
- Place in a glass dish and let sit about 5 hours (4 1/4 hrs in fridge and final 45 min coming to room temperature).
- Grill over medium high heat (400-450F) on both sides until lamb reaches 135 degrees on an instant read thermometer.
- Wrap in foil and rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice thin across the grain and arrange on a platter garnished with fresh mint and lemon slices.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.