was part of
The Great Beer Recipe Challenge
which ended Aug 19, 2011 03:00 PM.
See winners »
Beer Brats Recipe
this is a great way to enhance brats at a BBQ, keeps them moist and flavorful. The recipe can be adjusted to the number of people served.
- 2 bottles of Blue Moon Beer
- 8 brats, any brand, of flavor
- 1 onion sliced and in rings
- Heat grill to desired temp. Pour both bottle of Blue Moon Beer into a deep foil pan approx 9×9 size. Add sliced onion and let it simmer on top of grill.
- Cook Brats on top of grill until done. When cooked put them into foil pan with Blue Moon Beer and onions to simmer. Can simmer as long as you like , but should be at least 15 minutes..
- Take one from foil pan serve on bun with onions and any other condiments desired. ( I like my just with onions). Great for parties, or tailgates. And once you eat a brat cooked like this it is hard to go back to just grilled.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.