was part of
The Great Beer Recipe Challenge
which ended Aug 19, 2011 03:00 PM.
See winners »
A great tasting and very simple recipe for beer bread. Mixes in one bowl and makes a lovely rustic and flavorful bread!
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease one standard loaf pan.
- 1Mix all dry ingredients together.
- 2Slowly stir in one bottle or can of beer and the 3 tablespoons of hot water
- 1Mix until just blended, the dough will look shaggy.
- 1Pour dough into greased/buttered loaf pan and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- 1Let loaf cool on a rack for ten minutes or so before cutting. If you prefer a softer crust, you can wrap the loaf in cling film or put into a zip bag.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.