was part of
The Great Beer Recipe Challenge
which ended Aug 19, 2011 03:00 PM.
See winners »
Delicious Beer Bread Recipe
A great tasting and very simple recipe for beer bread. Mixes in one bowl and makes a lovely rustic and flavorful bread!
- 3 cups flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, 3 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder, 3 tablespoons hot water, 1 (12 ounce) Blue Moon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease one standard loaf pan.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Slowly stir in one bottle or can of beer and the 3 tablespoons of hot water
- Mix until just blended, the dough will look shaggy.
- Pour dough into greased/buttered loaf pan and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Let loaf cool on a rack for ten minutes or so before cutting. If you prefer a softer crust, you can wrap the loaf in cling film or put into a zip bag.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.