Fresh thick Yellowfin, or Blackfin Tuna works well for this recipe. This is such a delicacy, that you want to be able to taste the flavor and not spend time disguising it.
- 1Brush each tuna steak with melted butter and sprinkle chili powder, garlic powder, and salt + pepper.
- 2Spritz tuna steaks with lemon juice.
- 3Let Tuna steaks rest for 10 minutes with seasoned butter.
- 4Put tuna on pre-heated grill at Low-Low/Med heat for 8-10 minutes.
- 5Grill tuna approx. 8-10 minutes on Low/Med Heat with lid down. Timing depends on how hot your grill is and how thick the tuna cut is.
- 6Turn after 8 minutes. NOTE: Judge the initial sear marks to get an indication of how hot you are cooking. If the sear marks are dark to black on the first flip, you are cooking too hot, turn down the burners.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.