Rock Star Tuna Fillet Recipe
Fresh thick Yellowfin, or Blackfin Tuna works well for this recipe. This is such a delicacy, that you want to be able to taste the flavor and not spend time disguising it.
- 2 tbs melted butter
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 lemon
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1lb of tuna steaks
- Brush each tuna steak with melted butter and sprinkle chili powder, garlic powder, and salt + pepper.
- Spritz tuna steaks with lemon juice.
- Let Tuna steaks rest for 10 minutes with seasoned butter.
- Put tuna on pre-heated grill at Low-Low/Med heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Grill tuna approx. 8-10 minutes on Low/Med Heat with lid down. Timing depends on how hot your grill is and how thick the tuna cut is.
- Turn after 8 minutes. NOTE: Judge the initial sear marks to get an indication of how hot you are cooking. If the sear marks are dark to black on the first flip, you are cooking too hot, turn down the burners.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.