Moroccan Chicken “Marrakesh” Recipe
Another simple dish from the boys at www.BaldManRecipes.com – Classic homemade Moroccan food for the soul.
- 8 Chicken Thighs (or Drumsticks)
- 2 large Onions (diced)
- 10 pitted Dates (slice those to halves)
- 1 cup Pitted Green Olives
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 3 cups of Water
- 1/2 cup of Fresh Cilantro (roughly chopped, you can substitute Cilantro with Parsley)
- Start by frying the onions with the oil in a large pot on high heat. When the onions becomes transparent/golden, add the chicken, water, cumin, cinnamon and turmeric and bring to boil. Once boiled, reduce to low-medium heat, cover the pot and cook for 20-30 minutes until chicken is cooked.
- Now add the olives, dates, lemon juice and sugar and mix well. Continue cooking on medium heat for another 15 minutes. Remove from the heat, mix well and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Move to a serving dish with couscous or rice and garnish with cilantro.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.