was part of
The Great Beer Recipe Challenge
which ended Aug 19, 2011 03:00 PM.
See winners »
Black and Blue Mussels Recipe
Blue Moon is a great light summer beer and mussels are a great light summer meal. It is something of a classic to cook mussels in beer, but by adding ingredients that highlight the flavores of Blue Moon this dish brings the beer’s character to the for front.
- 1 pound mussels rinsed and cleaned
- 6 ounces Blue Moon Beer
- 2 shallots sliced
- Zest and juice of one orange
- 1 teaspoon ground corriander
- 3 tablespoons butter, split
- pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- Parsley, rough chopped
- Heat a large sautee pan or pot over med-high heat.
- Sautee shallot in 1 tablespoon butter untill soft then stir in coriander for about 20 seconds. Top this with orange zest and juice.
- Add the mussels and Blue Moon Beer top with salt and pepper and cook on high for about 5 minutes or untill the liquid has reduced by 1/2.
- Gently stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and parsley over high heat for another 2-3 minutes or until the butter has melted.
- Serve with a hunk of crusty bread to soak of the perfect Blue Moon broth
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.