Vietnamese Coffee Ice Pops Recipe
Like classic Vietnamese iced coffee, this frozen pop contains strong brewed coffee and sweetened condensed milk. It’s a caffeinated treat that’s not recommended for the kiddies!
Special equipment: You will need freezer pop molds for this recipe. We used these molds, but any kind will work. If yours don’t come with sticks that attach securely, you can buy wooden sticks and insert them about 1 1/2 hours into the freezing time.
This recipe was featured as part of our 7 Ice Pops That Break the Mold.
- 3/4 cup strong French roast coffee grounds, such as Café Du Monde, Cafe’de Paris, or Trung Nguyen
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Brew the coffee with the measured water. You should have about 1 1/2 cups of brewed coffee.
- Place the hot coffee and condensed milk in a measuring cup or a large heatproof bowl with a spout and whisk until evenly combined. Whisk in the cream, cover, and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- Whisk the mixture again and divide among the pop molds. Freeze until solid, at least 6 hours.