See more inspirational Blue Moon recipes »
Blue Moon Artfully Crafted Grilled Chicken Recipe
A delicious, inspiring Blue Moon recipe.
- 1 (4-lb.) whole chicken
- 2 tbsp. seasoning salt
- 4 tbsp. paprika (smoked paprika preferred)
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 can Blue Moon Belgian White*
- 5 cloves
- 1 tsp. coriander seeds
- Orange rind
- Rinse chicken inside and out, and pat dry with paper towels. Combine seasoning salt, paprika, white pepper, and cayenne. Generously coat chicken with this mixture.
- Drink half the can of Blue Moon Belgian White* (don’t waste it!). Place beer can on a solid surface. Place cloves, coriander seeds, and orange rind inside beer can, with a dab of honey. Grabbing a chicken leg in each hand, plunk the bird cavity over the beer can. Transfer the bird-on-a-can to your grill and place in the center of the grate, balancing the bird on its two legs and the can like a tripod.
- Cook the chicken over medium-high, indirect heat (i.e., no coals or burners directly under the bird), with the grill cover on, for approximately 75 minutes or until the internal temperature registers 165°F in the breast area. Remove from grill and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
*Belgian-style wheat ale.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.