Flank steak is grilled hot and fast. It is great for a family style meal or, when sliced, can make an elegant platter for guests. One of the nice things about sliced flank steak is that everyone can pick their perfect shade, from rare in the center to medium on the ends.
- 1Bring flank steak to room temperature
- 2Meanwhile grind sea salt and pepper or seasoning on both sides
- 3Just prior to grilling dry the steak of moisture with a paper towel
- 4Set grill to 500-600F
- 5Place steak on a slight diagonal
- 6Lift and twist (1/2 twist) after 3 minutes
- 7Turn steak at 5-6 minute mark depending on how hot you are grilling
- 8Grill to finish (8-10 minutes total time depending on thickness and heat)
- 9Rest 5 minutes before slicing
- 10Slice thin on a sharp diagonal, against the grain
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.