Grilled Flank Steak Recipe
Flank steak is grilled hot and fast. It is great for a family style meal or, when sliced, can make an elegant platter for guests. One of the nice things about sliced flank steak is that everyone can pick their perfect shade, from rare in the center to medium on the ends.
- 1.5 pound flank steak
- Cavender’s Greek Seasoning
- (or salt + pepper)
- Bring flank steak to room temperature
- Meanwhile grind sea salt and pepper or seasoning on both sides
- Just prior to grilling dry the steak of moisture with a paper towel
- Set grill to 500-600F
- Place steak on a slight diagonal
- Lift and twist (1/2 twist) after 3 minutes
- Turn steak at 5-6 minute mark depending on how hot you are grilling
- Grill to finish (8-10 minutes total time depending on thickness and heat)
- Rest 5 minutes before slicing
- Slice thin on a sharp diagonal, against the grain
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.