Korean spicy rice cakes[Dukbokki] is the most popular korean street food among foreigners. many korean children and young adults also like that so much including me :-) You might be able to fine it easily at food vendors on the street of Korea. There are always delicious Dukbokki boiling and ready to go.
It is made with mainely rice cakes[garaetteok; cylinder shaped rice cake], fish cakes, boiled egg and seasoned with chili paste. The rice cakes are chewy and tender.It looks super spicy and originally it is! But you can control the amount of chili paste then it’s less hot. Nowadays,another fusion are made such as Royal court dukbokki seasoned with soy sauce, Cheese dukbokki, Rabokki with noodles.
- 1Boil 3 cups of water with dried anchovies for 10 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, separate rice cakes and cut fish cakes into 2cm strips.
- 3Cut onion and spring onion into big slices.
- 4Make sauce. Mix the all sauce ingredients in the bowl.
- 5After 10 minutes, take all anchovies out. Then pour the rice cakes, fish cakes and onion. Then add the sauce
- 6Boil it for 5munutes over medium heat and stir occasionally.
- 7Add spring onion and sesame seeds.
- 8Boil down around 3 minutes.
If you use frozen rice cakes, just defrost them in the microwave for 40seconds.
Don’t boil the rice cakes for too long, otherwise it will be mushy.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.