Korean steamed chicken [Jjim Dak] Recipe
Steamed chicken [Jjim Dak] is a sweet but savory dish that is very popular in Korea. The dish originated from the city of Andong, which if you visit today you will find that they even have a Jjim Dak street which has many steamed chicken restaurants.
- a chopped whole chicken
- 3 Potatoes
- glass noodles
- 3 Dried chillies
- 1 and a half carrot
- 1 onion
- 2 spring onion
For making sauce
- 2/3 cup of soy sauce
- 3 Tbs cooking wine
- 1 Tbs oyster sauce
- 2 Tbs starch syrup(or rice syrup)
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- Pepper and 1 crushed garlic
- Peel the skin off the chicken.
- Soak the chicken pieces and glass noodles in the water for 20minutes.
- Meanwhile, Cut the vegetables into big slices.
- Making the sauce. Mix the all sauce ingredients in the bowl.
- First,Boil the chicken pieces for 3mins then save that chicken stock.
- Get another pan and put in chickens, carrots, potatoes,dried chillies.
- Add the sauce and 3 cups of the water we saved(chicken stock).Then boil them for 25minutes.
- Add glass noodles and spring onion. Then boil 5minutes more.
Peel the veggie’s edge smooth because if their conner is sharp, it’s easy to be broken when it’s steamed for a long time.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.