Steamed chicken [Jjim Dak] is a sweet but savory dish that is very popular in Korea. The dish originated from the city of Andong, which if you visit today you will find that they even have a Jjim Dak street which has many steamed chicken restaurants.
- 1Peel the skin off the chicken.
- 2Soak the chicken pieces and glass noodles in the water for 20minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, Cut the vegetables into big slices.
- 4Making the sauce. Mix the all sauce ingredients in the bowl.
- 5First,Boil the chicken pieces for 3mins then save that chicken stock.
- 6Get another pan and put in chickens, carrots, potatoes,dried chillies.
- 7Add the sauce and 3 cups of the water we saved(chicken stock).Then boil them for 25minutes.
- 8Add glass noodles and spring onion. Then boil 5minutes more.
Peel the veggie’s edge smooth because if their conner is sharp, it’s easy to be broken when it’s steamed for a long time.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.