Dark 'n' Stormy Milk Shake Recipe
The Dark ‘n’ Stormy is a favorite simple summer cocktail around CHOW, so we decided to see if we could re-create it in shake form. It wasn’t much of a stretch: Rum, ginger, and lime are already made for dessert.
What to buy: Ginger juice is available at most grocery stores.
Game plan: For a slacker solution, if you can find ginger ice cream, you can sub it for the vanilla ice cream and ginger juice—the shake just won’t have quite as much of a kick.
For a superslacker solution, make a float instead by simply throwing a few scoops of ice cream into your Dark ‘n’ Stormy cocktail.
This recipe was featured as part of our story on Boozy Cocktail Milk Shakes.
- 1 (14-ounce) container vanilla ice cream
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (from 1 medium lime)
- 5 teaspoons ginger juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 ounces dark rum, such as Gosling’s
- 1 lime twist, for garnish (optional)