Northwoods Wild Rice Salad Recipe
Chicken or shrimp can be added to this to make a great main dish.
- 3/4 c. fresh lemon juice
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 2 T. fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 t. lemon zest
- 1 T. fresh dill, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 c. wild rice, raw, prepared according to package
- 6 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
- 6 oz. kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 lb. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 c. parsley, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- variation: 1 lb. shrimp or 2 chicken breasts, cooked, chopped
- Mix lemon juice, mustard, oil, oregano, lemon zest, dill and garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients and gently mix.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.