Simple Arugula, Bresaola and Grana Padano Salad Recipe
The hardest part of this salad if finding the right cheese and meat. Once you’ve got that, you’re laughing. It’s the ideal picnic side because it can’t get soggy or messy, it can jostle around in a picnic basket all day and you know what? You’re still going to have a stellar salad when you unfurl your blanket and get snacky.
My husband and I got the “recipe” from a woman who worked at a deli counter in our old neighbourhood in Ottawa. We were looking for something to serve alongside pizza. We tried it and we’ve been eating it regularly ever since.
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 100 g (a few handfuls) of thinly-sliced Bresaola, torn
- 100 g Grana Padano cheese
- 1-2 tbsp high-quality olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place arugula in a bowl.
- Scatter Bresaola over arugula.
- Shave Grana Padano (I use a Y-shaped vegetable peeler) into thin curls; scatter over salad.
- Toss with oil, salt and pepper.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.