It is a Bangladeshi classic, a must item if entertaining. It has a creamy, smooth texture and rich flavors. It’s not overly spicy, so kids love it too. There are many versions of this, but this is how my grandma always made this.
- 1Heat the oil in the pan. Add onions. Fry till translucent and soft. Do not let brown.
- 2Add ginger paste and garlic paste. Mix well, add the chili powder and salt. Cook for 1 minute in medium heat.
- 3Add the prawns, stir until coated well with the spice mix.About 30 seconds.
- 4Add the coconut milk. Bring it to boil then lower the heat to shimmer. Add the green chilies. Just remove the stem, and add them whole. Cover the pan.
- 5Shimmer until the prawns are done and grave has reduced to a creamy thickness.
- 6Serve with plan rice and also lemon wedges if you like. Enjoy.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.