Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
Like the Costco muffins? Then you’ll LOVE these! Very easy to make and taste great out of the oven ~ Moist, tender, and not overly sweet, these chocolate muffins pair up with a great cup of coffee for breakfast or for a quick after school snack or even a light dessert.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 c. canola or vegetable oil
- 1 c. milk
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 3/4 c. unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a muffin tin or fill with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, oil, milk and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips. Mix till blended. Make a “well” in the middle of the dry ingredients.
- Pour the egg mixture into the “well.” Using a spatula, fold gently, till just mixed. Do not over mix.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tins, filling each cup 2/3 full. Sprinkle a couple of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 18-20 minutes. Tops should be dry and spring back when lightly touched.
- Remove immediately from muffin tin and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.