I am obsessed with citrus zest, and I am not that into sweets. Hence the addition to these blueberry muffins which were already damn near perfect!
- 1Preheat oven to 375. Cream butter with sugar and zest for 3-4 minutes.
- 2Add eggs and vanilla and mix till well combined.
- 3Toss the blueberries with 2/3 cup of flour and sift the remaining flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- 4Add the flour mixture to the batter a little at a time, alternating with the milk. Fold in the blueberries.
- 5Grease a muffin tin with butter or line with cupcake papers. Distribute batter among muffin holes — in my tin, each cup was filled above the rim with batter. Sprinkle batter with raw sugar. Bake for 23-30 minutes. Check with a toothpick for doneness. If necessary, return pan to oven for a couple of minutes more.
- 6enjoy warm or room temp, possibly reheated with some more butter! everything’s better with butter….
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.