Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
Chocolate and pumpkin? Perhaps the combination may seem a little odd, but trust me when I say it’s a match made in heaven! Pumpkin is without a doubt one of my favorite flavors in the world, and who doesn’t love chocolate?! And through these two loves of mine, the recipe was born. Of all of the times I have made these muffins, I have never had a negative reaction. Even those who bit into the muffin with hesitation and skepticism were pleasantly surprised! It’s moist and sweet and everything a muffin should be. So give this recipe a try, and I promise you’ll fall in love.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 package (12 oz) milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2.5" muffins cups or line with paper baking cups.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt; set aside. In a separate large bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the pumpkin and oil. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients. Mix in the chocolate chips. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups (about 2/3 full).
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes in pan and then remove.
Member recipes are not tested by the CHOW food team.